Friday, November 11, 2011

Hidden Trees


The Londonderry Library is hosting Kim's exhibit of 9  paintings called "Hidden Trees", from Nov. 1 to Nov. 30, 2011. Please stop by and have a look if you're in the area.

Kim and I always wonder at the beauty and uniqueness of trees. One day he asked me to take some photos of specific trees at Kimball Jenkins Estate. I didn't really know what he had in mind so the photos I took were of a documentary nature and not really artistic. Later he asked me if I had more photos of trees and I ended up giving him over 100 photos. He used the photos to do studies.


As we drive through the countryside we see trees passing quickly, sometimes catching only glimpses of hidden beauty. Walking or sitting in a wooded area or park gives us more time to observe the beauty of trees. But still, they are so easy to take for granted and some may always remain hidden.

No comments: